This position reports to the SVP Brand Creative for Sony Pictures Television (SPT). This new role will oversee all brand social and editorial that is created and executed through our global internal agency model within SPT. This role will evangelize the “One Sony” philosophy and establish the social editorial brand vision, voice, strategy for all Sony IP that will be pushed globally from this centralized model while helping build infrastructure, pipelines and protocol across the Global Brand Management Group and Creative Centers around the world. The VP will provide direction and strategy, build a team, create efficiencies, outline capabilities, source appropriate talent that services various business units across SPT.
This individual will have a breadth of talent ranging in various areas of expertise- editorial, social publishing, content, digital strategy, analytics and insights, communications, managing a social studio, etc. always with an eye towards future capabilities and opportunities. She/ he will be adept at spearheading new editorial, social, content and strategy endeavors within corporate environments and the nuances and complexities of international business practices. She/ he is adept at running an international team.
She/ he is a passionate advocate for collaborating across all Sony businesses and is the international liaison as it relates to everything social. She/ he is adept at creating business models across brand that can scale, eliminate inefficiencies, maximize capabilities and ultimately elevate and unify our Sony brand voice across the globe in order to strengthen and scale our presence in the market.
Duties and Responsibilities
Craft the editorial brand voice as it pertains to social publishing across Sony IP
Develop and execute global social strategy across platforms on behalf of IP
Continuously analyze metrics and research latest social trends/technologies to evolve the voice and strategy
Work closely with the team to build, deploy, track & optimize social media campaigns to successfully execute the defined strategy
Has a unique understanding of platforms across the globe and the cultural nuances needed to maximize these platforms
Collaborate with global Creative Centers (writers, designers, preditors, producers, operations, etc.) to create content
Develop strong relationships working cross-functionally across showrunners, marketers, and business leaders to deliver social-based storytelling initiatives and campaigns
Leverage partnerships with social platforms and influencers to formulate unique opportunities
Be a key representative of Creative Center’s social initiatives, both to internal executives as well as external partners and key business leads
Assist SVP in department-wide resource assignments and planning (including staffing and budget)
Work Experience Requirements
· Seasoned leader with experience in an agency or publisher environment
· Established history of creating, launching and managing social first storytelling
· Experience running social strategy and creative content campaigns
· Spearheaded social creative projects, management, staffing, and career development for teams both domestic and international
· Deep knowledge of digital platforms with ability to leverage relationships and create opportunities to collaborate in order to set the highest standard across our Sony portfolio of brands
· Developed focus on shifting paradigms and cultivating a highly creative culture that will elevate the Sony brands and unify the portfolio across the globe
· Highly entrepreneurial and motivated to build
· Proven track record in shifting corporate culture with the ability to inspire and mentor team members focused on new growth trajectory forging a path to new ways of thinking and doing business
· Ability to collaborate cross functionally across the Brand Mangement Group as well as the Sony organization
· Passionate advocate who evangelizes our Sony brands and the parent company and can attract major talent and grow the organization to be creatively competitive within the current media landscape
In addition to having a passion for all types of content, this individual also has his/ her finger on the pulse of pop culture and social trends in design, marketing and advertising. She/ he is passionate about storytelling and audience and the elevation of these brands. She/ he is a skilled storyteller at heart. She/ he is able to move our business forward through strategic creative and is interested in entering, creating and sustaining an informed dialogue with fans from existing platforms as well as discovering additional avenues to engage and sustain new audiences.
Background on Sony US Creative Center
Sony Creative Center is an internal agency that is a centralized hub for Sony Pictures Television, B2B, International Sales & Distribution, global networks business, global marketing, distribution marketing, domestic networks, D2C. Our focus is to service businesses across the globe within the Sony universe.
We are a design consultancy that brings best practices from the agency world into our beloved brands within the corporate network environment. We harness what’s relevant from both and blend within our model. We apply high-end creative, strategy and intimate knowledge about our brands to every engagement with a sense of urgency, efficiency and fiscal responsibility. We are built to be nimble and customize teams based on the various creative needs of our constituents.
We currently ideate and execute the 360 marketing campaigns for all original show launches, all B2B, B2C and internal events for SPT as well as “One Sony” initiatives in partnership with Theatrical and Tokyo Headquarters. We are the on-air promotion group for both the US Networks and key International Networks. We are also the branding agency for global marketing designing and launching all networks around the world. In addition, our Creative Center services Franchise and Syndication Marketing, PR and our Studio with tent pole initiatives and events.