We are Girlfriend Collective, a Seattle-based startup that aims to not only make the best independent active and leisure wear, but to also lead the industry in social and environmental sustainability. Our products are made from recycled and sustainable materials, cut and sewn by a fair trade certified factory in Vietnam.
About the Position
Girlfriend Collective is looking a hands-on Head of Marketing to oversee Marketing, Brand, PR, Partnerships, and Digital efforts. As a key member of the leadership team, this position will help grow the brand and drive revenue. The ideal candidate is a leader with proven experience in high-growth brands and is used to working in a fast paced startup environment. You can successfully set high-level 90-day plans, while also jumping in with the team to get the job done on a granular level. You must be both analytical and be a fan of the Girlfriend Collective brand. You’re the perfect mix of strategist, leader, and doer.
What You’ll Do
● Define, develop, prioritize, and implement marketing initiatives in support of the company’s strategic imperatives in collaboration with leadership team.
● Drive customer acquisition, conversion, and loyalty/retention through development of high quality and efficient campaigns across existing and new channels, digital and non-digital, paid and non-paid (organic, affiliate, social, etc). Own the entire funnel.
● Hire, lead and manage a marketing team to meet company objectives. Build a results-oriented culture where creative ideas are supported by analytical testing decision-making.
● Ensure marketing creatives and messaging are in line with the brand and values.
● Manage all aspects of marketing such as planning, budgeting, KPIs, analytics and reporting.
● Accountable for top line growth across all channels.
● Manage relationships with agency partners, advisors and contractors holding them accountable for performance metrics.
● Partner with management team to architect and execute an integrated brand strategy and competitive positioning and messaging.
● Contribute to overall company strategy discussions.
● Build out metrics for NPS / brand affinity.
What You’ll Need / Who You Are
● 6+ years experience developing and executing scalable data-driven marketing initiatives, direct online acquisition experience required.
● Significant experience the areas of all aspects of marketing and brand building.
● Great communicator, team builder with strong leadership skills; ability to collaborate across teams.
● Experience hiring, managing and developing teams.
● Excellent proficiency with data and analytics. You make decisions based on numbers and can create actionable strategies based on their results.