Day One is a creative communications agency launched in 2014 by combining the best pieces of traditional public relations, digital & social media agencies.
Day One works with the worlds leading brands to shape, share & fuel stories that stop people in their scrolls. While some of their work is always-on content as social AOR for a few major brands, by ignoring tradition, they create campaigns that impact culture as well as business results. They represent a growing client roster including American Express, Nike, Chipotle, Bacardi, Sonos, and Facebook.
Day One is in search of a new addition to their team in Los Angeles (DTLA) who can help shape stories across a variety of clients. They are a company obsessed with harnessing insights and new and varied channels to create opportunities for brands to connect with culture and make a consumer impact.
In this role, you’ll be a client lead who can put yourself in the shoes of other people—going beyond data and insights alone to make ideas human, impactful, and unexpected.
You’ll be part of a team writers, designers, strategists, and other mixed background creatives, pushing the work as they build the agency for the next ten years. The right candidate will be one who can act as a leader, a content producer and an editor. You should have a proven track record for using stories to cultivate conversation, be fluent in the digital and social story formats of today, and be curious for the ones to come tomorrow.
● Partner with leads across the agency to integrate storytelling into all of our initiatives
● Provide oversight on content strategy, design, creative and execution alongside
production, communications and digital strategy leads
● Understand complex business challenges and bring a positive attitude towards solving them
● Stretch our team’s and our clients’ approach to creative executions
● Bring fresh thinking and collaborative spirit to team when developing work
● Build and nurture a team of creative and strategic minds
Skills + Experience
● 7-10 years relevant experience overseeing a diverse creative team
● Ability to take consumer insights and turn into integrated strategies
● Background leading digital campaigns and executing award-winning campaigns
● Energetic and collaborative with a great work ethic
● Thrive in a diverse environment and contribute to the overall culture of Day One
● Multi-task and prioritize workload with quick turnarounds
● First hand experience taking projects from concept to design
● Excellent problem solving skills
● Ability to present concepts and to work closely with clients, applying creative solutions to strategic business problems
● Ability to iterate and evolve concepts with constructive feedback